The acceptance of recycling in modern society is not in itself negative, but it is not the answer to our woes as many would have us believe. Many people actually believe that it is ok to use a plastic water bottle because of that friendly recycling label. We are probably all guilty of easing our conscience on the backs of the corporate green-washing that has done little more than use a lot more green ink in their packaging.
Hosting a party? Don’t know how to make the living room look like a dance floor?
Glowing glowstick fan!
A glowstick fan is a fun but simple party decoration for a New Years Eve party, Birthday party, end of term party or any other get together.
* Ceiling fan
* Clear boxing tape
* Ladder or something to stand on
You need to:
* Activate the glowsticks
* Stand on the ladder (Stay safe! You might want to do this before drinking.)
* Tape them to the ceiling fan. Tip: To make it easier to remove after, put the sticky side of the tape out as you wrap the tape around the fan blades.
Spring into spring with a lightbulb flower vase. Lightbulbs are things everyone has in their home. But what to do with them after they burn out? Put your flowers in them!
What you need
* Safety goggles
* Flowers and water
How to do it
* CAREFULLY remove the metal conductor and bottom black cap off the lightbulb
* Take out the metal and glass tubing
* Wrap wire around the bottom part (which will now be the top) and bend part of it so it looks like a coat hanger. For more security you might want to bring the hook back down and wrap it around the bulb.
* Hang it up, pour in a bit of water in the lightbulb and add some flowers
What you might need
* Stripper, if you’re removing vinyl flooring
* Scrapers and/or sandpaper, depending on the condition of your flooring
* Paint, if you want an even looking base (you will be able to see part of the floor underneath the final product)
* Brushes for the paint
* Fan and/or dehumidifier to get rid of the fumes
How to do it
* Prepare your floor if necessary (check out the “what you might need” section)
* Put polyurethane on the floor and start sticking in your pennies
* Do a final coat with epoxy