If you’ve never sewed anything before and want to start up-cycling, making pillows is an easy way to get some practice.
What you need
* Textiles. It could be leftover stuff from a sewing project, or part of an old t-shirt you don’t want to get rid of but don’t know what to do with.
* Thread, preferably the same colour as the material you’re using
* Needle, or a sewing machine if you’re feeling adventurous.
* Stuffing. This is the only stuff you probably will have to buy, unless you have old stuffed animals or holey wool socks.
How to do it
* Cut out a rectangle piece and turn it inside out, so the pattern is facing inwards.
* Pin in place, so the pieces don’t move when you sew.
* Sew, leaving a small space just big enough for your fingers up to your top knuckles.
* Remove the pins and turn the material right side out.
* Stuff it! The pillow I mean…
* Now for the hard part. Take the material by the hole and fold it over twice on either side, then pin it in place… If you can do this, you won’t have to take your pants to get hemmed anymore.
* Sew it up, take the pins out, and you’re done!
Household additions don’t need to be limited to furniture; besides, you need stuff to go on the furniture too!
– UPcycling Phoenix