Bottle caps are usually flung into air from the bottle opener or discarded on the ground. What to do with all that waste? Make bottle cap candles!
What you need
* Bottle caps
* Candle wicks
* Wax (you can use leftover wax from old candles)
* Old cheese grater, or one you’re okay not using again
* Old spoon, or one you’re okay not using again
* 2 pots, one smaller than the other. The smaller pot should be an old one.
How to do it
* Grate the wax.
* Turn stove to medium heat. Put one pot on the stove and fill part way with water.
* Put wax in second pot, place on stove and stir until melted.
* Cut the wicks about 1 1/2 inches long.
* Carefully spoon wax into bottle caps and insert wicks. If the wicks won’t stand, wait until the wax has slightly cooled and try again.
* Let cool
ALTERNATIVE / EASIER TECHNIQUE:
If you use tealight candles, pour the leftover wax into the bottle caps before it has a chance to cool. This way, you don’t need kitchen space or most of the items (except the wicks and bottle caps) listed to make your bottle cap candles.